Monday, November 3, 2014

DIY Fall Scents All Purpose Cleaner

Thanksgiving is upon us and Fall is in the air. Or is it? Household cleaners are toxic and full of obnoxious and dangerous fumes! I for one hate the smell of most commercially available cleaners. On occasion I will buy simple green or bleach, but that is a rare occasion as I like to  make my own all purpose cleaner. It is so simple and makes me feel good about what my kids are around.

This is my Fall Scented All Purpose Cleaner






There are plenty of reasons to detox your home. The fumes and residues from most household cleaners are toxic on multiple levels. You don't need me to tell you that after you have cleaned a room with closed or no windows!

Natural cleaners are just as effective as lab made chemicals. For example:

White Distilled Vinegar  neutralizes a variety of stains and odors, dissolves scale and soap scum!
Cinnamon smells fabulous and is an astringent, anti-fugal, antiseptic, and antibacterial.
Clove is amazing and I use it tons. Some of its uses in cleaning are, antibacterial, anti-fungal, antiviral, antiseptic, and disinfectant.
Orange is an antiseptic with a d-limonene content of 90% its spanks most household cleaners found at the market.

My point is go natural.

Love,
Ashley B.

references
Better Basics for the Home by Annie Berthold Bond
Mountain Rose Herbs
Reference Guide for Essential Oils by Connie and Alan Higley

No comments:

Post a Comment