Wednesday, October 16, 2013

You Are Good Enough

    Let me begin by saying this post is as much for me as it is for those of you reading it. This subject is pretty close to being a daily struggle for me and I know I am not alone in this feeling. Some days no matter what you do, you get a feeling that nothing you do is good enough. I know when I am feeling this way I start thinking that I am not good enough so I go online for some pointers. Unfortunately this usually only enhances my feelings of despair as all the blogosphere moms seem to have it all together. Perfect healthy recipes to feed to their perfect kids to eat in their perfect kitchens and write posts about on their perfectly pretty blogs. We look at these women and begin to fall into a deeper depression. It's a terrible cycle and hard one to break free from if you don't know what to do.

First things first: You are a child of the most High God and He designed you to be in His image. (Genesis 1:27) Don't talk down to yourself because it's all lies!
Second: Say it out loud and claim your place in Gods kingdom. You are covered by the blood of Jesus and have the right to command Satan to leave you be. You might feel silly at first saying things out loud for other people to hear, but it works. Plus shows your children how too empower themselves! Most of the time I just say  "Get behind me Satan" If it worked for Jesus it will work for me. (Matthew 16:23)
Third: Please, oh please, I beg you do not compare yourself to others (Galatians 6:4). Remember those other Mommies do not have it all together either. Images are edited and stories revised for your reading pleasure.
Fourth: Not everybody is good at the same thing. We are all given our own unique gifts and talents (Romans 12:6-8). Imagine how boring life would be if we all did the same thing! If you don't know what your gifts are please don't worry. Just pray about it and try stuff out. I'm 30 and am just beginning to figure things out. Also some things take practice and patience to be good at, so if you enjoy it but are not a "natural" as some would call it, give it time you will get there. You do have a talent!
Fifth: Do not let the Devil steal your joy! I'm not going to lie to you, when you start fighting back against the Devil he will come at you harder. Learn to recognize these attacks for what they are and they will be easier to get through. Lean on God for help and He will help you. You are never alone in your battles! (1st Peter 5:7)
Sixth: Do not judge other women on what they do or say. (Ephesians 4:29) If you wouldn't want them thinking the same thing about you do not let it stay in your head. Everyone has their own private story so it is important we don't rush to conclusions. Let us share God's grace...
    Truthfully I could go on and on with helpful hints but I think this is a good start. The more I implement them in my life the happier I am. When mamma's happy everyone is happy. You are good enough and do not let anyone, including yourself, tell you otherwise!

Love,
Ashley Brewer

1 comment: