Thursday, October 17, 2013

DIY Pumpkin Teething Biscuits for Baby

My youngest child, Jax, is teething like a mad man. I went online to find some healthy and hopefully organic teething biscuits to buy, as my local wally world does not carry anything in the way of healthy teethers. Needless to say I really did not like the prices on the products I did like. So then I decided to make my own and searched for recipes. I found a lot of moms making their own biscuits, but most had wheat in them. Sigh as of right now Jax is on a wheat free diet .... After an hour or so Google smiled upon me and shared a link to Mama Natural and I said WooHoo! I really enjoyed her page and I think you might too. However I did make a few modifications to her pumpkin biscuit recipe:


Ingredients:


1 cup rolled oats
1/2 cup brown rice flour
2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
1 tsp baking powder
2 T coconut oil
2 T maple syrup
1 cup pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie puree)

Preheat oven to 350*
Mix dry ingredients together in bowl.
Add in the "wet" ingredients and mix together with clean hands. Make sure all the coconut oil melts and mixes in.
Next form oblong oval shapes out of dough or any shape you think your little one will enjoy.
Bake at 350 for about 45 minutes flipping biscuits half way through.
Then Bake an additional 4 hours or until biscuit is hard at 170*
Let cool and hand to baby.
Do not leave your little babe alone with food ever. Some chunks could break off.

Oh and be prepared for one messy good time!

Love,
Ashley Brewer





1 comment:

  1. Awesome treat! I think these may also be a good treat for me!!!

    ReplyDelete