Thursday, April 17, 2014

Easter is coming and it is a Big Deal!!!

Easter is advertised as a cutsie holiday. All the boppin bunnies and chirpy chicks make it easy for the world to forget what Easter is all about. It makes it easy for us believers to get distracted! As Christians this should be a Huge holiday. I mean, after all  it is the day Jesus rose from the grave!! He died for our sins and enabled our broken sinful selves to get into heaven. This is when we celebrate that our debt is paid. I really cant say this enough, Easter is a Big deal and we should treat it as such.

Let us take back Easter! Not just from the world but from religion. What I want is for the Church's to rock and rumble in celebratory passion and praise. I do not want a bunch of dressed up people quietly getting through service watching the clock in anticipation of getting home. How do we break free of our lackluster Easter rut? What will it take for us to change the "rules" of the traditional Easter Service?

Honestly I don't know and that frustrates me beyond belief. All I can do is pray for things to change, hearts to be softened and religious restrictions to fade away. Don't get me wrong, I love the family time of coloring eggs and watching my children run like crazy through a field for eggs filled with candy. There is just more than that to Easter.



Can you imagine the sheer joy of Mary Magdalene? She watched Jesus die, dressed his dead body, and then saw Him alive in front of her?

I feel that the common Easter Service in most Churches here in America are to quiet. Nothing wrong with being reverent and thinking about the pain and torture Jesus did in fact go through , I just think it is used to guilt people into becoming Christians on maybe the one day they come to church. Jesus saved our souls! It is an amazing joyous fabulous thing!! Get up and dance!! Praise Him and make a joyful noise!!!  Isn't that far more attractive then a sanctuary of sad Christians? What would you choose?  I know what I want to be around and show people!

Thank you Jesus for rising from the dead. My sins are forgiven!!!

Love,
Ashley B


No comments:

Post a Comment