Monday, January 13, 2014

Day Thirteen

The past two weeks have come and gone and we are still doing really well. We have had a couple hiccups along the way, but that's how life works. It is important not to give up when boo boos do happen. Like last week when the hubby and I had the stomach flu from Hades, we got pizza. It made me feel like a failure but I didn't let that mess up everything. We are seeing such great results that throwing in the towel seems silly.
Bart is doing amazing off the sweet stuff. He has lost weight, sleeps better, snores less, and his body hurts less. I've lost 4 pounds and my mind is gaining clarity. We even went to a birthday party and said no to the sweet stuff, I am so proud of us!
What we have done:

Replaced white sugar with stevia, honey, and maple syrup.
Replaced Soda with Green tea and Sparkling water. 
Replaced Fast food with homemade food.
Making smaller portions (mostly).



We still crave sugar and junk food for sure. For example, I was at the deli the other day and could smell the butter cream frosting on the cupcakes. I started visualizing reaching over and scooping the frosting up and shoving it right in my mouth. Bart mentioned walking by a bag of sugar and wanting to eat straight out of it with a spoon. Needless to say we have a ways to go but the ability to resist our cravings is a huge victory for us. I love that my husband is so on board with this lifestyle change because having him as a support is wonderful. If you are doing this along with us and need some support let me know and I will be glad to help you out. Having someone to keep you accountable can be the difference between success and failure.

For a little more strength just keep saying:
I can do all things through Christ; who gives me strength.
Philippians 4:13

Love,
Ashley Brewer

No comments:

Post a Comment