Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Month One



These are my resolution goals for Month One to get my family healthy; mind, body, and spirit. Please feel free to join in.

The NO NO'S

No Sugar

No Fast Food

Baby steps is the name of the game here. I do not want to put my families body into a harsh shock from detoxing from everything unhealthy all at once. If we are all walking around miserable and grumpy I will be more likely to give up and just order a pizza.
This is the month to get settled into a routine of menu planning and follow thru. Sometimes life gets busy, I want to get used to rolling with the punches and eating at home anyway. This month I will :

Drink more water

Add a serving of veggies to every dinner

Focusing on portion sizes

That's it for food.

Now on to exercise

I have a 10 month old baby right now who likes all my attention. Its to the point that he can sense when I leave the room while he is sleeping. NO JOKE! So its hard to get into a gym for sure. Not to mention gyms have people in them... skinny people... That led me into looking for what I could do at home. Videos are a great option but can be expensive and get boring real quick. A great place for work outs for free is You Tube. My favorite channel is  BEFIT . Its such a great resource and free!! If you don't have the time or the space to do a full blown work out here are some other ideas to move:

March in place during commercials
Dance with the kids
Have some energetic "fun" with the hubby
Turn on music while doing chores. If you are like me you will start to boogie woogie naturally.

For the spirit

This month I will take the time to journal again. My journaling is usually me writing out my prayers to God. It really helps keep my mind from wondering. Writing in a journal like this is also fabulous for looking back and seeing how God has answered prayer. It really puts life into perspective when you see it written down.

That's it for this months goals. Achievable but life altering goals. I really pray that some of you decide to join me on this venture. We will all be better for it.

Love.
Ashley Brewer

No comments:

Post a Comment