Monday, November 4, 2013

Thankfulness

Being thankful for what you have is powerful tool. For example, my oldest son was having a rough morning a couple days ago and was saying his day was already ruined. I don't remember why he was so upset, as he is in those teenage years where everything is soooo serious, but i do remember wanting to tell him to snap out of it and move on. Then God spoke to me and told me to ask him to think of just 3 things he was thankful for. Well Noah rolled his eyes at me but did it anyway. Guess what happened? It totally changed his mindset. He went from only thinking about what he was unhappy about to what he was happy about. After the mood changed we made hot chocolate and he had a great day.


So this holiday season when you get overwhelmed with negative thoughts, just think of three things you have to be thankful for. You can also join me on Facebook by posting with me once a day what you are thankful for. It is simple things like this that can change your whole mindset and therefor your whole day. God is so good and his blessings abound.


Love,
Ashley Brewer

4 comments: