Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Random Act of Kindness



I was just researching some ideas for a post on doing random acts of kindness and God has opened my eyes, we should always be kind. Why is it that we have to do random acts of kindness. Why do we have to make an occasion of it. Do you wanna know the sad part? I actually had to look up ideas on how to be randomly kind and I was going to share a couple of those ideas with you so we could go out and randomly make one persons day. Instead I want to encourage you to ask the Holy Spirit for insight on how we can always be kind, generous, and considerate. Do you need some ideas to help you get started? I kinda do so lets brainstorm here:

Be kind in your super chain stores-
You already  know what I mean here ;)
Look at people and smile-
I try this on occasion and I am always surprised by how many people keep their eyes to the ground or anywhere else for that matter just as long as they don't meet up with mine. Lets change that!
Driving-
Suffer from road rage? Is everyone else bad drivers? Is your destination more important then theirs? Are you the only one in a rush? Do you see where I am going here? Good, lets move on because I could go on and on with how bad people drive at church!
Use your manners-
Pay attention and you will not hear a lot of please and thank you's. Genuinely respond with your manners too. Do not just mumble out a thank you or have a nice day.

Lean on God and thank him for His kindness and allowing it to shine through us. God speak to your people using our voices. Show your generosity using our actions. I don't want to randomly be kind, I want to always be kind. Let's wake up and breath kindness. So many people need to see us being kind hearted. We may be the only kind person to walk through their path so lets make it count. It is not always easy and I stumble a bit, ok a lot, but it is completely worth it. Maybe my children will take notice and start behaving in the same way. The Bible tells us:

Be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, as God in Christ forgave you

Ephesians 4:32 


Love,
Ashley Brewer

No comments:

Post a Comment